This is a good dish to make if you’re short on time, or need something you can whip up from the dregs of your cupboards/fridge. That said, it’s full of great flavour!
- Spaghetti (enough for two)
- A tin of mackerel in extra virgin olive oil
- Red chilli, finely chopped (I used a fairly mild one – go with your preference)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Good quality olive oil
- A couple of tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Large handful frozen peas
- A couple of tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
Pop your spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water to cook while you prep the rest of your ingredients. Add the peas for the last couple of minutes and once cooked, pop in a sieve to drain.
Return the pan to the hob, and heat about a spoonful of olive oil over a medium heat. Add the garlic and chilli and soften for a minute or so, then add the mackerel (undrained) and break up with your wooden spoon.
Turn the heat to low and pop the pasta and peas back in the pan and stir thoroughly. Add the parsley and Parmesan, season to taste and add a little more olive oil if you’d like.
And that’s it! Super tasty and quick.